Certificate 3 in Individual Support Home & Community (CHC33015)
If you are caring and passionate about helping people, choose to make a difference. The CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support (with speciality units in Home & Community) delivered by MyPath Education will see you can make a difference in people’s lives by learning to Provide individualised support, Communicate and work in health or community services, Work with diverse people & Recognise healthy body systems. Funding is available for this certificate with prices starting from as little as $95 if you are eligible.
What you will learn in the Certificate 3 in Individual Support (Home & Community)
This qualification reflects the role of workers in the community and/or residential setting who follow an individualised plan to provide person-centred support to people who may require support due to ageing, disability or some other reason. Work involves using discretion and judgement in relation to individual support as well as taking responsibility for own outputs. Workers have a range of factual, technical and procedural knowledge, as well as some theoretical knowledge of the concepts and practices required to provide person-centred support. To achieve this qualification, the candidate must have completed a Police check, at least 120 hours of work placement as detailed in the Assessment Requirements of the units of competency.
When undertaking the Certificate III in Individual Support you can choose what your passion is. In conjunction with your core units, you can specialise in Ageing, Disability or Home and Community. Successful completion requires 13 units inclusive of 7 core units + 6 elective units
CHCCCS015 Provide individualised support
CHCCCS023 Support independence and well-being
CHCCOM005 Communicate and work in health or community services
CHCDIV001 Work with diverse people
CHCLEG001 Work legally and ethically
HLTAAP001 Recognise healthy body systems
HLTWHS002 Follow safe work practices for direct client care
Job Opportunities available upon successful completion of the Individual Support Certificate 3
Open up entry-level and experienced job opportunities. Career outcomes/ job titles may include the following across the Community Services & Health and Community industries.
- Individual Carer and Support Worker
- Accommodation Support Worker
- Personal Care Giver
- Respite Care Worker
- Care Service Team Leader
- Community services worker
- Home and Community Care Worker
- Care Supervisor
Community services workers support individuals through the provision of a range of person-centred services across a variety of community service organisations. Work may include day-to-day support of individuals in community settings or supporting the implementation of specific community-based programs. Roles may provide support, advocacy or interventions to individuals, groups or communities and range from working under the direction and supervision of others to managing the programs and services themselves.
With further study into a certificate IV or higher; you could progress to become a:
- Team Leader
Delivery & What you will get
- Small group face to face classes including theory, simulated & practical assessment.
- Online learning including theory, simulated and practical assessment
- Self-paced learning with workbooks including theory, simulated and practical assessment
- Delivered over 14 weeks, 2 days a week for core units and electives units online or self-paced
- 120 hours of work placement under supervision
- Available to start throughout the year.
- Dedicated trainers with industry experience who are passionate about the industry.
- Industry experienced and culturally diverse trainer
- Access to trainer via Email, Phone and in person.
- Professionally presented reference materials to assist students in developing their knowledge of the units.
- More career opportunities and up-skilling and productivity gains
- Nationally recognised qualification upon successful completion of the course.
2017 Individual Support courses
If you are looking for a fresh start & a new career in Ageing, Disability, Home & Community care in 2017, MyPaths Individual Support classes are the course for you. We are in the process of scheduling out our 2017 classroom courses.
Suburbs on our list are as follows:
- Fortitude Valley 2nd August 2017
- Southport 30th August 2017
- Redcliffe 28th August 2017
- Logan ( Cert 4) 6th September
- Ipswich TBA
- Townsville TBA
- Cairns TBA
Alternatively, as mentioned above, if in class doesn’t suit your learning style we also offer the Certificate III in Individual support online, so you can sign up and start studying at your own pace. If you need assistance, you can schedule a time with the trainer so they can assist you and answer any questions you may have.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
Got life experience, past education or industry training? You may be able to fast track you’re learning. Ask us about possible RPL options or see our RPL page for more detail.
Funding support and employer incentives might be available under the Australian Apprenticeships Incentive Program. Individuals completing their first post-school Certificate III qualification in Queensland could be eligible for the Certificate 3 Guarantee subsidy. Funding is available for this certificate with prices starting from as little as $95 if you are eligible.
For more information about funding support, call us today.