Complete the Certificate III in Individual Support in Brisbane and Gold Coast (CHC33015)
If you are caring and passionate about helping people, choose to make a difference.
The CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support (specialising in Ageing) delivered by MyPath Education will see you can make a difference in people’s lives by learning to
- Provide individualised support,
- Communicate and work in health or community services,
- Work with diverse people,
- Recognise healthy body systems.
Working in the Aged Care Sector
This qualification in Individual Support reflects the role of workers in the aged care community and residential settings, who follow an individualised plan to provide person-centred support to people who may require support due to ageing, or age-related health issues. Work involves using discretion and judgement in relation to individual support as well as taking responsibility for your own activities.
All candidates for this course must have completed a Police check.
What you will learn – Certificate III Individual Support (Ageing)
Professionals in this field receive training for factual, technical and procedural knowledge, as well as learning theoretical knowledge of the concepts and practices required to provide person-centred support. To achieve this qualification students must undertake at least one hundred and twenty hours of work placement (as detailed in the Assessment Requirements of the units of competency).
When undertaking the Certificate III in Individual Support you can choose to follow your passion, with specialities of Aged Care, Disability Support and In-Home Care. Gaining a qualification in Individual Support requires completion of 13 units, which is made up of 7 core units + 6 elective unitise either of the three speciality fields.
Core units of CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support (Ageing)
- CHCCCS015 Provide individualised support
- CHCCCS023 Support independence and well-being
- CHCCOM005 Communicate and work in health or community services
- CHCDIV001 Work with diverse people
- CHCLEG001 Work legally and ethically
- HLTAAP001 Recognise healthy body systems
- HLTWHS002 Follow safe work practices for direct client care
Elective Units – Ageing & Aged Care Stream
- CHCAGE001 Facilitate the empowerment of older people
- CHCAGE005 Provide support to people living with dementia
- CHCCCS011 Meet personal support needs
Other Elective Units
- CHCDIV002 Promote Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander cultural safety
- CHCPAL001 Deliver care services using a palliative approach
- HLTAID003 Provide first aid
- HLTINF001 Comply with infection prevention and control policies and procedures
Job Opportunities for Qualified Professionals - Certificate 3 Individual Support (Ageing)
Open up entry-level and experienced job opportunities. Career outcomes/ job titles may include the following across the Community Services & Health and Community industries.
- Aged Care Worker
- Assistant in Nursing
- Individual Carer and Support Worker
- Personal Care Giver
- Home Respite Care Worker
- Accommodation Support Worker
- Food Services Worker (Aged Care)
- Personal Care Giver
The role of these workers is in support to older people, either in residential, home or community based environments. These workers complete specialised tasks and functions and take responsibility for their own outputs within defined organisation guidelines. Workers may be required to demonstrate leadership and maintain quality service delivery through the development, facilitation and review of individualised service planning and delivery.
With further study into a certificate IV or higher; you could progress to become a:
- Team Leader
- Aged Care Activity Worker
- Care Supervisor (Aged Care)
What to expect from your Training Course
Your Certificate 3 in Individual Support provides a nationally recognised qualification, allowing you to work as a professional in the field anywhere in Australia. With a strong focus on quality, the training in Individual Support provides a workable study plan in a supporting environment. You can expect:
- Dedicated trainers with industry experience who are passionate about the industry.
- A steady and workable study timetable, delivered over 14 weeks, with 2 days a week for core units and self-paced elective units available online
- Face to face group classes, which address theory, as well as simulated & practical assessment.
- Professionally presented reference materials to assist students in developing their knowledge of the units.
- Self-paced learning with workbooks for theory and practical assessment
- 120 hours of work placement under supervision
- Industry experienced and culturally diverse training
- Fully supported learning – with access to trainers via email, phone and in person.
- More career opportunities and up-skilling and productivity gains
2017 Individual Support courses
If you are looking for a fresh start & a new career in Ageing, Disability, Home & Community care in 2017, MyPaths Individual Support classes are the course for you. We are in the process of scheduling out our 2017 classroom courses.
Suburbs on our list are as follows:
- Caboolture Monday 13th November
- Ipswich Monday 20th November
- Townsville Monday 29th January
- Nambour Wednesday 31st January
- Warwick Wednesday 21st February
- Yatala Wednesday 7th March
- Toowoomba Monday 9th April
Alternatively, as mentioned above, if in class doesn’t suit your learning style we also offer the Certificate III in Individual support online, so you can sign up and start studying at your own pace. If you need assistance, you can schedule a time with the trainer so they can assist you and answer any questions you may have.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
Do you have past education, industry training or even life experience that relates to this field of study? You may be able to fast track you’re learning. Ask us about possible Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) options or see our RPL page for more detail.
Government funding, funding support or employer incentives might be available under the Australian Apprenticeships Incentive Program. Individuals completing their first post-school Certificate III qualification in Queensland could be eligible for the Certificate 3 Guarantee subsidy. Funding is available for this certificate with prices starting from as little as $95 if you are eligible.
For more information about funding support, call us today.