Training Courses Brisbane. Certificate III in Individual Support (CHC33015)
If you are caring and passionate about helping people, choose to make a difference. The CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support delivered by MyPath Education will see you can make a difference in people’s lives by learning to Provide individualised support, Communicate and work in health or community services, Work with diverse people & Recognise healthy body systems. This certificate Funding is available for this certificate with prices starting from as little as $95 if you are eligible.
What you will learn in the Certificate 3 in Individual Support
This qualification reflects the role of workers in the community and/or residential setting who follow an individualised plan to provide person-centred support to people who may require support due to ageing, disability or some other reason. Work involves using discretion and judgement in relation to individual support as well as taking responsibility for own outputs. Workers have a range of factual, technical and procedural knowledge, as well as some theoretical knowledge of the concepts and practices required to provide person-centred support. To achieve this qualification, the candidate must have completed a Police check, at least 120 hours of work placement as detailed in the Assessment Requirements of the units of competency.
When undertaking the Certificate III in Individual Support you can choose what your passion is. In conjunction with your core units, you can specialise in Ageing, Disability or Home and Community. Successful completion requires 13 units inclusive of 7 core units + 6 elective units
Individual Support General Course Units:
- CHCCCS015 Provide individualised support
- CHCCCS023 Support independence and well being
- CHCCOM005 Communicate and work in health or community services
- CHCDIV001 Work with diverse people
- CHCLEG001 Work legally and ethically
- HLTAAP001 Recognise healthy body systems
- HLTWHS002 Follow safe work practices for direct client care
- CHCAGE001 Facilitate the empowerment of older people
- CHCCCS011 Meet personal support needs
- HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- HLTAID003 Provide first aid
- HLTHPS006 Assist clients with medication
- HLTINF001 Comply with infection prevention and control policies and procedures
Job Opportunities available upon successful completion of the Individual Support Certificate 3
Delivery & What you will get
- Small group face to face classes including theory, simulated & practical assessment.
- Online learning including theory, simulated and practical assessment
- Self-paced learning with workbooks including theory, simulated and practical assessment
- Delivered over 14 weeks, 2 days a week for core units and electives units online or self-paced
- 120 hours of work placement under supervision
- Available to start throughout the year.
- Dedicated trainers with industry experience who are passionate about the industry.
- Industry experienced and culturally diverse trainer
- Access to trainer via Email, Phone and in person.
- Professionally presented reference materials to assist students in developing their knowledge of the units.
- More career opportunities and up-skilling and productivity gains
- Nationally recognised qualification upon successful completion of the course.
2018 Individual Support courses
If you are looking for a fresh start & a new career in Ageing, Disability, Home & Community care in 2018, MyPaths Individual Support classes are the course for you.
Suburbs on our list are as follows:
- Morayfield Wednesday 25th July
- Nambour Monday 27th August
- Yatala Wednesday 5th September
- Ipswich Monday 8th September
Alternatively, as mentioned above, if in class doesn’t suit your learning style we also offer the Certificate III in Individual support online, so you can sign up and start studying at your own pace. If you need assistance, you can schedule a time
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
Got life experience, past education or industry training? You may be able to fast track you’re learning. Ask us about possible RPL options or see our RPL page for more detail.
Funding support and employer incentives might be available under the Australian Apprenticeships Incentive Program. Individuals completing their first post-school Certificate III qualification in Queensland could be eligible for the Certificate 3 Guarantee subsidy. Funding is available for this certificate with prices starting from as little as $95 if you are eligible.
For more information about funding support, call us today.